Are you interested in having a career as a travel nurse? The best way to find a job as a travel nurse is to connect with a staffing agency who can offer you job opportunities to work as a nurse in locations that suit your lifestyle. As a travel nurse, you will be able to compare offers and and decide which location is best for you. Most travel nurse assignments last several weeks, so you can always look forward to a change in environment and a new working experience. In the event that you like the location, you may be offered an extension at the end of the assignment.
Why do hospitals hire travel nurses? Here a are a few reasons:
- Losing skilled nursing staff to other jobs, retirement or personal reasons
- Staffing for expected leave of absence
- Low supply of qualified nurses in that particular city or location
Due to the shortage of nurses, hospitals and other medical facilities are willing to hire skilled, qualified nursing candidates for short periods of time to help fill the gaps in order to provide excellent quality care to their patients.
Benefits of a career as a travel nurse
- Travel nurses are able to choose where they want to work
- Travel nurses are able to choose which specialty they want to work in, and for how long.
- Travel nurses are generally paid very well.
- Travel nurses have all of their housing and travel costs paid for
- Travel nurses receive a full benefits package.
Travel nurses typically earn more than a staff nurse. There are also many opportunities to earn some extra income after becoming a travel nurse. In some cases your staffing agency will give bonuses for extending your contract or offer other benefits for taking on additional assignments in medical facilities with a high need for travel nursing staff.
Becoming a travel nurse allows you many travel opportunities and also to experience the different healthcare nuances of different cities and locations. In addition will be exposed to different healthcare delivery systems and a variation of new professional experiences that will help you become a more independent, flexible and experienced nurse.
Interested in travel nursing jobs? View our available jobs.